Undergraduate Minor in Statistics
Required Course (3 credit hours)
Complete one of the following courses with a C- or better.
- STA 2122 Introduction to Applied Statistics
- STA 2171 Statistics for Biology
- STA 3024 SAS for Data and Statistical Analyses
- STA 3032 Probability and Statistics for Scientists and Engineers
- STA 4321 Introduction to Mathematical and Statistics
- STA 4442 Introductory Probability
Elective Course (9 credit hours)
- Any STA courses above the 3000 level count as elective credit (including those listed above if not already used as the required course).
The courses should be selected in consultation with the director of the undergraduate statistics program.
- Complete 3 Statistic courses at the 3000 level or higher
Examples of options:
- A minor in statistical methodology with minimal mathematical prerequisites: STA 2122, plus nine (9) semester hours selected from any of STA 3024, 4202, 4203, 4222, 4502, and 4702;
- A minor with statistical theory as well as methodology: STA 4321 and 4322, plus six (6) hours selected from any of 4102, 4202, 4203, 4222, 4502, 4702, and 4853.