What is the Statistical Consulting Center?
The Statistical Consulting Center is a research and service facility of the Department of Statistics at Florida State University. Statistical support is provided to graduate students for thesis work and to faculty for research. The center does not handle tutoring (for that info, please see http://www.stat.fsu.edu/student-resources/tutoring).
Dedicated to improving the quality of statistical information in other research fields, the Statistical Consulting Center provides services such as:
- Translating research hypotheses into statistical terms.
- Assisting in the design or evaluation of experiments and sampling procedures.
- Assisting in the interpretation and presentation of statistical results (including computer output).
- Advising on the choice of statistical methods and computer programs.
- Developing models or new statistical procedures as part of a joint research effort.
- Meeting informally with faculty and students in an interest group.
- Referring clients to other sources of advice and assistance.
- Statistical support in the creation of ETDs (Electronic Theses, Treatises, and Dissertations)** see below
AT THIS TIME THE STATISTICAL CONSULTING CENTER DOES NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO ACTUALLY PERFORM DATA ANALYSIS.
This Fall, the Consulting Center will be holding one in-person and one virtual consulting hour. Please see the table below for our Consulting Center's advisors' availability.
|Advisor||Drop-in Consulting Center Hours||Meeting Information|
|Austin King||10:00-11:00 on Thursdays||Meeting Location: 433 OSB|
|Harshita Dogra||11:00-12:00 on Tuesdays||https://fsu.zoom.us/j/96225296830?pwd=M1Q2bC96MW02bUJKUWo2bzFoZlJwZz09
Meeting ID: 962 2529 6830
** All ETD (Electronic Theses, Treatises, and Dissertations) content and information can now be found exclusively on the Graduate School Blackboard websites. All ETD content and information can be located in the "Theses, Treatises, Dissertations" sub-menu, found on the left-hand side of the screen. Students should access the "GradSpace" webpage. Faculty and Staff should access the "Graduate School - Faculty/Staff" webpage. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the ETD process, please consult with the Manuscript Clearance Advisor, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phone at (850) 644-0045.