Undergraduate Minor in Statistics
Required Course (3 credit hours)
Complete one of the following courses with a C- or better.
- STA 2122 Introduction to Applied Statistics
- STA 2171 Statistics for Biology
- STA 3024 SAS for Data and Statistical Analyses
- STA 3032 Probability and Statistics for Scientists and Engineers
- STA 4321 Introduction to Mathematical and Statistics
- STA 4442 Introductory Probability
Elective Course (9 credit hours)
The courses should be selected in consultation with the director of the undergraduate statistics program.
- Complete 3 Statistic courses at the 3000 level or higher
Examples of options:
- A minor in statistical methodology with minimal mathematical prerequisites: STA 2122, plus nine (9) semester hours selected from any of STA 3024, 4202, 4203, 4222, 4502, and 4702;
- A minor with statistical theory as well as methodology: STA 4321 and 4322, plus six (6) hours selected from any of 4102, 4202, 4203, 4222, 4502, 4702, and 4853.